1.0 FTE, 10 hour shifts, Monday – Friday, No weekends/holidays. Typical shift 0630-1700, OR experience preferred. ***Sign-on Bonus Available!
This position exists to administer family-centered nursing care to patients, advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, and/or provide skilled assistance in navigation of the health care system as appropriate to the developmental, cultural, emotional, and medical, surgical, or rehabilitative needs of the patient and their families. The nursing leader oversees and directs patient care activities and unit personnel and provides leadership through multidisciplinary teamwork. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to staff scheduling, participation in the hiring process, and performance management.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Nurses are accountable for keeping pace with expanding evidence and knowledge, by knowing how to access, assess, and apply the information and knowledge he/she needs in order to practice.
- Nurses are accountable to integrate all contributions to patient care and serve as strategists and managers of the patient’s journey – not only their responsibilities, but also the inter-professional hand-offs throughout the patient care process.
- Accountable to the Nursing Process as it relates to the patients plan of care
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license through the MN Board of Nursing
- Documentation of completion of a professional nursing program (RN program)
- The nurse must, at a minimum, have a current Nursing Specialty Certification (or obtain within 12 months of start date in position; within 24 months when specific certifications require extended experience in a specific specialty or in the preparation stages, such as CRRN) and a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (exception: Telehealth RNs). If candidate holds valid CPR for through another acceptable organization (as determined by Gillette), candidate may be able to begin employment but must complete Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association within one month of employment.
- Must be interested in working with people with short term or long term disabilities that begin in childhood.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically able to work hours required and physically able to transport patients.
- A minimum of 3 years’ nursing experience
- Master degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field
- OR experience highly preferred
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program which is an internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Gillette will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before Gillette takes any further action. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for further details regarding e-verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)