1.0 FTE (40 hrs/wk); Monday – Friday, hours ranging between 7:30am to 5:00pm. This position is for the Phalen Pediatric Clinic in St. Paul.
This position is expected to maintain and promote excellent patient care and customer service by supporting the efficient running of the clinic through direct patient care clinical duties and administrative duties. Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served as directed by providers (MD/APP) and nurses but in coordination with the entire patient care team. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Prioritizing and responding to multiple requests by staff for patient care and other related support tasks.
- Responding to changes in volume demands and anticipating provider, staff and patient needs.
- Works collaboratively to collect pertinent medical information (i.e. medical history, allergies, medications, falls risk, depression) in the patients’ electronic medical record, assist providers or perform independently diagnostic tests and compare data to normal findings (i.e.EKG), report variances, administer treatment and medications, and help with patient pre-visit and post visit follow-up as needed.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Experience in a hospital or clinic environment.
- Current Medical Assistant certification by either the AAMA (CMA), AMT (RMA) or obtained within 6 months from date of hire.
- Current BLS certification (Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association) or obtain within 90-days of hire.
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrated basic clinic workflow and procedure support skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, which includes ability to communicate professionally with a wide range of professional staff, patients, and families.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills – must be able to learn a variety of program.
Gillette requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza unless there is a Gillette-approved medical or religious exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting employment and submit proof of 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine prior to 1st day.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team, as we know that the diverse experiences of our employees make Gillette a stronger and better organization. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment where all patients, families and staff are welcomed and valued. We believe diverse perspectives and identities foster excellence, improve patient care and are essential for Gillette to fulfill its mission. Our team members collaborate to help patients of all backgrounds and abilities reach their full potential.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program which is an internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Gillette will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before Gillette takes any further action. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for further details regarding e-verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)