0.6 FTE LPN, full-time position at the St. Paul Clinic. Day Shift. Sign on bonus available up to $2,000!
A LPN at Gillette administers family-centered nursing care to patients, advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, and/or provide skilled assistance in navigation of the health care system as appropriate to the developmental, cultural, emotional, and medical, surgical, or rehabilitative needs of the patient and their families. This role provides care to patients with challenging and complex conditions which requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams.
Specific Duties Include:
- Provide focused assessments and for keeping pace with expanding evidence and knowledge by knowing how to access and apply the information and knowledge he/she needs in order to practice.
- Integrate all contributions to patient care and serve as partners in the patient’s journey – not only their responsibilities, but also the interdisciplinary hand-offs throughout the patient care process.
- Work collaboratively to record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, provide focused assessment, help perform diagnostic tests and compare data to normal findings, report variances, operate medical or information technology, administer treatment and medications, and help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation.
- Teach patients and their families how to manage their illnesses or injuries by educating on warning signs and symptoms of concern; addressing home care needs of diet, nutrition, mobility, exercise, medication use, side effects and administration; and discussing emergency care management as appropriate.
- Current Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from the MN Board of Nursing
- Documentation of completion of a practical nursing program (LPN program)
- Current certification in CPR-BLS for Health Care Providers by the American Heart Association is required. If candidate holds CPR for healthcare providers through other acceptable organization (as determined by Gillette), candidate may be able to start employment but must complete CPR – BLS for Health Care Providers through American Heart Association within one month of hire.
- Must be interested in working with people with short term or long term disabilities that begin in childhood.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically able to work hours required and meet physical demands of the position.
- Prior nursing experience in a health-related setting
- Specialty certification in an area of care related to position
Gillette requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza unless there is a Gillette-approved medical or religious exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting employment and submit proof of 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine prior to 1st day.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program which is an internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Gillette will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before Gillette takes any further action. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for further details regarding e-verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)