0.8 FTE (64 hours per pay period); straight nights and every other weekend NA/UC position for the Inpatient Neurosciences Unit. Sign-On Bonus Available!
This position provides both clerical support and patient care responsibilities. Clerical support is provided to the nursing departments through coordination of communication, transcription of provider orders, and maintenance of unit supplies. Patient care is provided by assisting the professional nurse in meeting basic activity of daily living (ADL) needs of the patient while maintaining an orderly and safe physical environment.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Accurate transcription of provider orders.
- Coordination of patient schedules/tests with multiple departments.
- Coordination of inter- and intradepartmental communication.
- Managing difficult patient behavior.
- Prioritizing tasks to meet patient and unit/department needs.
- Responding to a decentralized nursing care delivery system.
- High school diploma/GED
- Current CPR certification (BLS for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association) is required. If candidate holds valid CPR for Healthcare providers through another acceptable organization (as determined by Gillette), candidate may be able to begin employment but must complete CPR BLS for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association within one month of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of professional staff, patients and families
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective stress management skills
- Physically able to work hours required and safely transport/transfer patients
- Knowledge of medical terminology and its application
- Excellent customer service skills
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant course or currently a student in an accredited Nursing program
Gillette requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza unless there is a Gillette-approved medical or religious exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting employment and submit proof of 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine prior to 1st day.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team, as we know that the diverse experiences of our employees make Gillette a stronger and better organization. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment where all patients, families and staff are welcomed and valued. We believe diverse perspectives and identities foster excellence, improve patient care and are essential for Gillette to fulfill its mission. Our team members collaborate to help patients of all backgrounds and abilities reach their full potential.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program which is an internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Gillette will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before Gillette takes any further action. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for further details regarding e-verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)