RN – Casual Position in Northern MN. Monday- Thursday, hours: 8am-4:30pm with flexibility. Ability to travel between locations in Northern MN required. Home Base: Baxter, MN. Must be available to cover a minimum of 3 shifts per month.
This RN role exists to administer family-centered nursing care to patients, advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, and/or provide skilled assistance in navigation of the health care system as appropriate to the developmental, cultural, emotional, and medical, surgical, or rehabilitative needs of the patient and their families.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Nurses are accountable for keeping pace with expanding evidence and knowledge, by knowing how to access, assess, and apply the information and knowledge he/she needs in order to practice.
- Nurses, as part of the Inter-professional team, are held accountable to the Nursing Process as it relates to the patients plan of care.
- Actively participate in comprehensive patient and family education.
- Documentation of completion of professional nursing program (RN program)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license through the MN Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must be interested in working with people with short term or long term disabilities that begin in childhood
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically able to work hours required and meet physical demands of the positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or other healthcare related field
- Prior nursing experience in a health-related setting
- Nursing Specialty Certification relevant to the position
Gillette requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza unless there is a Gillette-approved medical or religious exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting employment and submit proof of 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine prior to 1st day.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team, as we know that the diverse experiences of our employees make Gillette a stronger and better organization. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment where all patients, families and staff are welcomed and valued. We believe diverse perspectives and identities foster excellence, improve patient care and are essential for Gillette to fulfill its mission. Our team members collaborate to help patients of all backgrounds and abilities reach their full potential.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)