On-Call/Casual RN position at the St. Paul Campus. Minimum of 1 shift per month. Hours: Mon-Fri: 6am-8:30pm, 8 or 10 hour shifts available. Must be a licensed RN to apply. **Previous PACU/PeriAnesthesia experience preferred.
Applicants must be able to orient at a 0.5 FTE for an extended period of time and be able to pick up and fill shifts on short notice.
This position exists to administer family-centered nursing care to patients, advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, and/or provide skilled assistance in navigation of the health care system as appropriate to the developmental, cultural, emotional, and medical, surgical, or rehabilitative needs of the patient and their families.
Specific duties are determined by the work setting or patient population served; however, in all positions, serving patients with challenging and complex conditions requires a concentration of specialized staff able to work in highly coordinated teams. We organize care around each patient’s condition which requires staff at multiple levels and across many departments to exhibit exceptional teamwork qualities including communicating efficiently and effectively and adopting the behaviors required for high functioning integrated teams, consistent with our Gillette CARES expectations.
- Nurses are accountable for keeping pace with expanding evidence and knowledge, by knowing how to access, assess, and apply the information and knowledge he/she needs in order to practice.
- Nurses, as part of the Inter-professional team, are held accountable to the Nursing Process as it relates to the patients plan of care.
- Actively participate in comprehensive patient and family education.
- Documentation of completion of professional nursing program (RN program).
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license through the MN Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. If candidate holds valid CPR for through another acceptable organization (as determined by Gillette), candidate may be able to begin employment but must complete Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association within one month of employment.
- Current American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or must obtain by the end of orientation period.
- Must be interested in working with people with short term or long term disabilities that begin in childhood
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Physically able to work hours required and meet physical demands of the positions. In certain departments, this will include being part of the off-premise call schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or other healthcare related field.
- Prior nursing experience in a health-related setting.
- Nursing Specialty Certification relevant to the position.
Gillette requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza unless there is a Gillette-approved medical or religious exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting employment and submit proof of 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine prior to 1st day.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team, as we know that the diverse experiences of our employees make Gillette a stronger and better organization. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment where all patients, families and staff are welcomed and valued. We believe diverse perspectives and identities foster excellence, improve patient care and are essential for Gillette to fulfill its mission. Our team members collaborate to help patients of all backgrounds and abilities reach their full potential.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of an individual’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or gender identity, military status or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws.
We partner with individuals and families to provide specialized, coordinated care for individuals who have complex, rare or traumatic conditions starting in childhood.
To learn more about working at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, please visit https://www.gillettechildrens.org/careers.
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program which is an internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Gillette will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before Gillette takes any further action. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ for further details regarding e-verify.
Licenses & Certifications
Ped Advanced Life Support
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)